Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Dolled-up Jars

These jars are being sold in a common wet market for P10/each. But one usually does not see the potential in them when they come with pickled papaya (atchara) or shrimp paste (bagoong). Once the content is gone, the jar is disposed.

But these jars can be used in a number of ways at home. My instant thought was to doll them up as I love putting fresh flowers inside the house. So after cleaning them up, I placed some gerberas in them, and voila!

Tip: My mom taught me to put a few drops of laundry bleach in the water to make the blooms last longer and keep the water from getting dirty quickly. I also discovered that it keeps away egg-laying insects. An organic alternative would be slices of lemon or lime. That keeps the flowers longer but the water gets dirty more easily.

Dolled-up atchara jars

No comments:

Post a Comment